Thursday, September 6, 2007

New Album: Bryce Clayton Eiman: "I'm Not My Type" [MZR007]

Mauve Zone Recordings is pleased to announce the release of "I'm Not My Type" by the talented "drums & drones" experimental musician Bryce Clayton Eiman. This will be the first of two releases, the next one being "Mono" (due out next month at the time of this announcement). We're very excited (both intellectually & sexually) by this release and we're sure you will be also.

From the liner notes: "Most of my drone I do onto a Yamaha MT120, using a chrome cassette with the Dolby switched to off. I record samples on a Casio SK5 and run them through a distortion pedal, a one-second digital delay (weight: 5 lbs), and a Yamaha R100. Basically, nothing made in the past 15 years -- and yet the sounds I come up with on that rig are soooo fucking cool. On the other hand, I love playing around with GarageBand, especially the preset loops: so quick and so predictable and so very clean. That program accounts for most my dancey material. I personally think that the difference between my get-up and software is the same as that between standard and automatic transmissions. Using a stick, a driver feels like part of the car; one the other hand, it's hard to strip gears with an automatic. Life isn't digital, but information never dies."

The album, as always, may be downloaded for free from the MZR page at Internet archive, here:

Bryce Clayton Eiman's MySpace page can be found here:

Thank you for your consideration.

No comments: